Subject: It Took Long Enough...
It's taken 46 years to get around to it, but I've finally started watching the original 'Dragnet' TV series. If this episode is anything to go by, it was worth the wait.

Well aware that my perception of this show has been ...contaminated, shall we say, by exposure to 'Police Squad!' and ZAZ's subsequent 'Naked Gun' movies, not to mention countless other parodies and references, it was nice to see that it was still enjoyable on it's own terms.

I should get a kick out of the rest of the series... I hope.

Nice to know also that Joe Friday does have a conscience, too...
Reviewer: richgoup - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - February 20, 2012
Subject: The big thief (Dragnet).
Season 3, episode 16.
Original air date: 17 December 1953.
A gang of robbers are calling Los Angeles physicians down to hotels and mugging and robbing them of drugs and valuables.
Cast: Jack Webb (Sgt. Joe Friday), Ben Alexander (Officer Frank Smith), Dorothy Abbott (Ann Baker), Gloria Saunders (Alice Catherine Cavell ), James Bush (Dr. Platt), Alan Dexter (Dr. Halbert), Gil Stratton Jr. (Kenneth Alden), Art Gilmore (Capt. Harry Didion), Loren Brown (Edgar Cavell), George Fenneman (Announcer Opening: uncredited) and Hal Gibney (Announcer Cloing: uncredited.
From: IMDB.
Reviewer: jimelena - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - January 3, 2006
Subject: Thief
Same old stuff, but fun.
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
eye
Title
Date Archived
Creator
Classic TV
movies
eye 17,543
favorite 7
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 13,114
favorite 6
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 9,961
favorite 5
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 10,415
favorite 5
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 12,466
favorite 9
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 8,025
favorite 4
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 13,796
favorite 3
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 14,050
favorite 9
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 16,267
favorite 4
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 10,597
favorite 6